Luke told me the other day that I need to add something to my blog.
We really are doing great! I have just been lazy about blogging lateley, so here is a catch up.
Alright starting the day before the birth mom is to have a c-section. I got all my errands ran, all my Christmas presents shopped for and wrapped, and my house clean as a whistle. My mother in law came so she could be here and watch Max for us. Which was so wonderful. I was so hiper that night because my mother in law had made blankets and gave us some baby stuff which made this seem so real. We got up and left at 5:00 am to drive 2 hours to the hospitol where the baby would be born. I got to scrub in and be in the delivery room when the baby boy was born. That was a first for me as I really didn't get to my daughter Ashlynn born since she had to be rushed right out of the room to get hooked up to machines. So it was so neat to see the baby getting all cleaned up. We stayed most of the day at the hospitol and then left to come home to then return again the next day to the hospitol. The next morning we got a call from our counselor telling us the birth mom decided to keep her baby. At first I was devastated and just cried. The next few days were hard, but Luke's mom was there to help which was so great. Then I really felt the love and prayers of everyone and started to feel at peace. I just had to have faith that heavenly father knows what is best for us and our family. The days got a lot easier as life went on. The last few weeks I have felt really lazy, bored, and unmotivated to do anything, since I had everything done before the baby came. I sure have been watching more TV and movies lately. I really do feel alright emotionally and now I am starting to get out and do things. Well there you have it, I hope I answered everyone's questions.
Right now poor Max is sick so we are taking it easy so he can get better before Christmas. We will be heading to Tulsa for Luke's side of the family. We are excited to have Luke spending more time with us.
Everyone have a very Merrry Christmas!! We love you all!
8 comments:
Thanks for the cookies and the nice note. Thanks for making me cry too:) I hope that you know that I am right around the corner if you ever need anything. Especially if your bored and need to chat. I am always up for that. Your faith amazes me. Thanks!
Misty and Luke,
Bless your hearts. We love you guys and think of you often. Have a wonderful Christmas!!!
You always amaze me at how you turn everything into a positive and a blessing. Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy seeing your husband. Oh, and come visit! It would be fun to see you!
You are amazing, Misty. We love you guys...have a great Christmas!!
I am very impressed with your positive attitude. you will get a 2nd baby and it will be the one you have been waiting for. Good luck and enjoy being ready for the holidays so early!
misty,
your strength and courage is so amazing to me.
keep your chin up. we love you! thanks for sharing your life with us. love you!
merry christmas.
Misty,
I am truely sorry for this event in your life and I am thankful that during all this, you were here to help my family. What a wonderful and strong person you are. I hope to learn from you.
I've been thinking about you and your family. Hope all is well and that time is healing your disappointment. You have the eternal perspective, which I admire. You are the same as when we were roomies in that way. :-)
Post a Comment